- RSS Channel Showcase 6453914
- RSS Channel Showcase 8551126
- RSS Channel Showcase 6130287
- RSS Channel Showcase 2427383
Articles on this Page
- 11/07/14--07:42: _It’s A Match: What ...
- 05/05/15--06:51: _Why Marketing Shoul...
- 08/10/15--09:34: _How To Make Twitter...
- 09/11/15--00:31: _Recruiting Content ...
- 09/29/15--08:11: _Phantom Menace: Why...
- 10/12/15--20:31: _Waiting for Superma...
- 11/09/15--05:35: _From Pipedream to P...
- 11/30/15--05:47: _Recruiting Content:...
- 12/28/15--09:14: _The Cure: 6 Hiring ...
- 01/11/16--10:43: _Has Recruiting Cont...
- 01/25/16--02:45: _Good Side, Bad Side...
- 03/24/16--16:11: _The Secret Sauce: W...
- 04/05/16--09:26: _Beautiful Struggle:...
- 05/09/16--05:08: _Highway to Hell: Th...
- 05/27/16--05:36: _How To Make Sure Yo...
- 07/22/16--05:20: _Speak Now: How Voic...
- 12/15/16--04:31: _Blank Space: A Recr...
- 01/10/17--05:03: _Recruiting Is A Gam...
- 03/07/17--05:03: _Who’s The Boss: Rec...
- 04/17/17--14:26: _Busting the 7 Bigge...
- 11/07/14--07:42: It’s A Match: What Tinder Can Teach Us About HR Technology
- 05/05/15--06:51: Why Marketing Shouldn’t Own Your Career Site.
- 08/10/15--09:34: How To Make Twitter Work for Talent Acquisition.
- 09/11/15--00:31: Recruiting Content Is A Game Any Employer Can Win.
- 09/29/15--08:11: Phantom Menace: Why Google Thinks Your ATS Is Spam.
- 11/09/15--05:35: From Pipedream to Pipeline: A Closer Look At Quality of Hire.
- 11/30/15--05:47: Recruiting Content: How To Catch A Purple Squirrel.
- 12/28/15--09:14: The Cure: 6 Hiring Problems Recruiting Content Can Actually Solve.
- 01/11/16--10:43: Has Recruiting Content Jumped The Shark?
- 03/24/16--16:11: The Secret Sauce: Why It’s Time To Shut Up About Social Recruiting.
- 04/05/16--09:26: Beautiful Struggle: Why Social Recruiting Shouldn’t Be Easy.
- 05/09/16--05:08: Highway to Hell: The Future of Recruiting is Terrifying.
- 05/27/16--05:36: How To Make Sure Your Recruiting Content Doesn’t Suck.
- 12/15/16--04:31: Blank Space: A Recruitment Marketing Manifesto.
- 01/10/17--05:03: Recruiting Is A Game of Constraints. Play It.
- 03/07/17--05:03: Who’s The Boss: Recruiter or Hiring Manager?
- 04/17/17--14:26: Busting the 7 Biggest Employer Branding Myths of All Time.
For all the people spending time trying to make the Internet better, it’s actually quite rare to see a unique idea. Think of the first time you saw Twitter, or Facebook, or a blog, or used Google.That’s what I felt when I first started playing with Tinder. Tinder, if you don’t know, is a dating […]
Two years ago, I applied for a job at a very well-known retail company. I was applying for some web or marketing job, and I had to run the hour-long ATS application gamut. The futility of having to re-type my resume into a system (again!) – hoping that it wouldn’t fail on some level, that […]
There’s no denying that I love Twitter. And I know a lot of you do, too. With 284 million registered users, its a perfect place to look for candidates, especially those active in their industries and are thought leaders. Recently, I can’t help but notice that a lot of people are trying to shoehorn their […]
Not having the ability to market and pay salaries like Google and Facebook doesn’t mean you are relegated to second-tier talent. If you tell your own compelling story with recruiting content, you can build engagement and ties that money simply can’t buy. I love Michael Lewis’ Moneyball, the story about how Oakland A’s General […]
It’s always great when people within the recruiting business share information, as I believe it helps us all serve our clients and candidates better in the long run. An article entitled Applicationgeddon – Google Thinks Recruiting Systems are Spammy? caught my eye recently. It’s worth a read, but the gist is that in late April 2015, […]
Super hero comics and movies are often predicated on a simple idea: that the superhero has a secret identity no one knows about. While the world may be searching for the masked hero, no one notices the boring lawyer, reporter or coffee barista in plain sight who just happens to have a secret. No one […]
The amount of time it takes candidates to go from passive prospects to active applicants has increased significantly since the job market surplus shifted (along with the balance of power) from too many candidate to too little talent. Despite the cutthroat competition for new hires, employers are taking longer than ever before to finally decide […]
I bet you’ve already noticed how much harder it has gotten in the last year or two. The economy is improving, so everyone’s willing to look for a new job, so your hiring managers assume it must be the time to start looking for purple squirrels – those crazy-good candidates with such strange combinations of […]
Like many marketers, I’ve always been a huge fan of content; after all, it not only gives me something productive to do on the train, but it keeps me informed, too. It also keeps me paying for cable, not to mention my monthly subscriptions for magazines, Netflix and, of course, the good old fashioned newspaper […]
For many of us who work in the content marketing space, one of the biggest trending topics is the question of whether or not there might not just be too much content out there, sparking an ongoing conversation about how we are living in a “content glut,” or even “peak content,” if you like. Supporting these […]
If you’re like most employers, there’s a good chance that you’re already investing in employer branding by now. In fact, a recent Harvard Business Review study showed that fully 74% of all recruiters responding are already involved in some form of proactive recruitment marketing or brand building. Another recent study suggests almost half of in-house […]
Can we be honest for a moment? Maybe, as the kids say, “get real?” When you and your talent acquisition team started talking about social recruiting, did you actually have a conversation as to why you needed social media, or did you just end up at “we need social recruiting because we need it?” Or “we […]
For years now in the world of social recruiting, there’s been a litany of subjective stories, anecdotal evidence and “thought leadership” (or lack thereof) about how “one simple trick” or “silver bullet” that can be effectively, easily and universally leveraged to double or triple your online engagement, impressions and reach. These new wives’ tales fall […]
I don’t get out a whole hell of a lot, at least as far as the trade show circuit is concerned; taking the time out of my day job for “thought leadership” inevitably leaves me running behind schedule. Factor in the fact that my company pays me on the basis of billable hours, and the opportunity cost […]
Your job descriptions, as you likely already know, are all but worthless. They are poorly-written technical specs built by lawyers who don’t know much about the job in the first place – and yet, they are the crutch most businesses lean on when it comes to describing the role, the job experience, the location and […]
Voice search has become a nearly ubiquitous part of our existence, moving from the margins to the mainstream so quickly it’s hard to believe that just two years ago, only 41% of American adults over the age of 18 reported to having used what had already become a widely available (if not widely adopted) functionality.What a […]
They say the only thing that you can consistently count on at work – and in life – is change. Of course, if your life’s work happens to be recruiting, sometimes the pace of that change is so glacial that it’s often almost imperceptible. Business as usual these days is anything but usual, except when […]
I’ve had the chance to talk to quite a few recruitment marketers and talent acquisition leaders over the years, and if there’s one thing that I can safely say about talent pros, it’s that they’re a pretty cynical bunch. Maybe it’s because they think that I’m there to sell them something (I’m not that guy). […]
If you’re like most employers today, there’s a good chance that you’re spending a lot of money establishing your company’s recruitment marketing initiatives. Whether that’s establishing an employer brand, replacing or enhancing your existing applicant tracking system, developing a killer career site or purchasing premium versions of sites like Glassdoor or LinkedIn, the costs associated with […]
Based on Google Trends data and anecdotal evidence in the form of podcast topics in the HR, this is the year of Employer Brand (at least in the talent acquisition community). I say this like people who say this is the year of women in Hollywood or the year of mobile in tech, that is […]